The Concerned Citizens of Farmingdale will hold the meeting next Thursday, Jan. 23, at the community center on the park's grounds. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. and the public is invited.
The discussion will focus on the two-pase plan for expanding the 22-acre landmark, a gathering spot for the community for years.
The full plan included:
- A multi-purpose community center with large meeting halls and stage and smaller meeting rooms.
- Five baseball diamonds, including one field devoted to special needs kids.
- A realignment of the all-purpose field and one field added next to it.
- Playground facilities, toilets, a roller rink and a new park entrance.
- A mile-long walkway encircling the entire park.