What promises to be an evening of inspirational music spanning more than half a century of Broadway musicals is coming to Port Washington's Landmark on Main Street in April.
Broadway Spirit Coming to Landmark April 20
The music of Godspell and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat have touched audiences in intensely personal ways. The subject matter is about spiritual journeys, like Maria’s in The Sound of Music and Tevye's family in Fiddler on the Roof. The Landmark will present an evening of this music performed by renowned Broadway talent on April 20. Additional music from Hair, Carousel, Sister Act, Les Miserables and Man of La Mancha are also on the program.
- Cost: Premium $50; Standard $45 with discounts for “Friends of Landmark.”
- Info: Tickets and information at the box office phone 516-767-6444 or www.landmarkonmainstreet.org.
Puppet Slam Cafe' at CAC
Huntington’s Cinema Arts Centre is presenting "The Puppet Slam Café" on Thursday, March 28, and these puppets aren't for kids.
The cabaret-style show is of hip, contemporary puppetry for adults. Some of America's finest puppeteers, several from Long Island, will cut loose and present their wildest material, hosted by ventriloquist Carla Rhodes, and her cantankerous sidekick 'Cecil Sinclaire.'
- Cost: $20 Members / $25 Public. Price Includes 2 Beverages (Wine, Coffee or Soda.)
- Info: Adults only; no one under 17 admitted. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.; show starts at 8. CAC 423 Park Ave, Huntington, 631-423-7610 .Tickets can be purchased online, www.CinemaArtsCentre.org,at the box office during theatre hours or by calling Brown Paper Tickets toll free at 1-800-838-3006.
Ready for the Beach?
Then you're ready for The Beach Boys, featuring Mike Love & Bruce Johnston, who'll appear live at the NYCB Theater at Westbury on Thursday April 4.
- Cost: Tickets are $69.50, $49.50 and $39.50
- Info: Show at 8 p.m. Tickets at WWW.TICKETMASTER.COM. Charge by phone at 800-745-3000, Select Ticketmaster locations and the Westbury Box office.
Different Kind of Irish Celebration
Looking for an Irish themed brunch and film for Sunday? Cinema Arts Centre presents Daniel Day-Lewis’ ferocious performance as an Irish petty thief who was wrongly imprisoned for an IRA bombing. Bagels precede the screening of “In the Name of the Father”
- Cost:$10 Members / $15 Public / Includes bagel brunch.
- Info: Tickets can be purchased online, www.CinemaArtsCentre.org at the box office during theater hours or by calling Brown Paper Tickets at 1-800-838-3006: 631-423-7610.
About this column: "Long Island Culture" is a Patch Friday feature highlighting upcoming cultural and arts events around our region. Add yours in the comment section below and to our events calendar. You can also pitch your best offerings to Local Editor Joe Dowd at email@example.com.