The Young Adult Division of the American Library Association began its Best of the Best Challenge on Sunday.
Read/listen to 25 of the 80 titles on YALSA’s 2012 Best of the Best list to finish the challenge. The list includes YA novels, audiobooks, graphic novels, and books for adults, so there’s plenty to choose from. Bonus objective: read/listen to all 80 titles to conquer the challenge!
Beyond experiencing the best of the best that YA lit has to offer if you participate in the challenge, everyone who finishes the challenge will be invited to submit a response to a book they read for the challenge. The response can be text, graphics, audio, video and will be published on The Hub. Furthermore, everyone who finishes the challenge will be entered into a random drawing for our grand prize: a YALSA tote bag full of 2011 and 2012 YA lit!
The challenge ends at 11:59pm on June 30, so there's plenty of time to start reading!
How to participate
- Comment on YALSA's HUB website announcing your intention to participate. If you’re going to be tracking what you read/listen to on your blog, Goodreads, LibraryThing, YouTube or some other site, include a link to your blog/shelf/channel/profile in your comment. If you’re not tracking your reading online, keep a list some other way.
- You may “register” by leaving a comment here and starting your reading any time during the challenge period.
- Every Saturday, we’ll publish a check-in post. Leave a comment with everything you’ve read/listened to since the last check-in post. If you’ve reviewed those titles somewhere online, include links to those reviews! Otherwise, let us know what you thought of the books in the comments.
- If you’ve finished the challenge since the last check-in post, fill out the embedded form with your name and contact information. This is how you’ll receive your Finisher’s Badge, how you’ll be contacted about your reader’s response, and how you’ll be entered into the drawing for our grand prize. Please fill out the form only once.
- If you’ve conquered the challenge, let us know in the comments and we’ll send you your Conqueror’s Badge.
Let the challenge begin!