St. Kilian R.C. Church is seeking food donations to help those in need for the Thanksgiving holiday and beyond.
This weekend's event is being held Saturday, Nov. 9, from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and on Sunday, Nov. 10, from 8:30 a.m to 2 p.m.
The collections will take place at the Parish Outreach Office at 140 Elizabeth St., Farmingdale. Donors can use the rectory parking lot entrance facing Conklin Street.)Sugested food items include:
- Beans (Kidney, Black etc.)
- Potatoes (canned or instant)
- Cake Mix/Brownie Mix/Frosting Jello/Pudding
- Canned Chicken
- Salad Dressing
- Shelf-Stable Milk (Parmalat, Borden) Evaporated Milk
- Canned Soup, Canned Fruit, Canned Vegetables
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard
- Sugar (small boxes)
- Cereal, Oatmeal
- Tomato Sauce, Pasta
- Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate
- Pancake Mix & Syrup
- Peanut Butter
Toiletries & Paper Goods:
- Deodorant, Soap
- Napkins , tissues.
- Paper Towels, Toilet Paper
- Shampoo & Conditioner Toothpaste
- $10 Gift Certificates to local supermarkets