Head to the Farmingdale Village Green behind the firehouse for the opening concert of the Farmingdale Village Pops concert series. This six-week performance, featuring Farmingdale's own village pops orchestra, will be conducted by Brad DeMilo.
The series is a highlight of the summer schedule in Farmingdale and has been a favorite of residents since 1983. This year will be DeMilo's 30th year conducting the Farmingdale Village Pops and the village plans on making it a special occasion at the finale of the series.
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m., with the exception of the July 15 concert which will begin at 5 p.m. Residents are encouraged to bring chairs, blankets and snacks to enjoy the night. Check out the attached YouTube clips of the summer concert series and mark your calendars with the following concert dates:
- Wed., June 27: Season Opening Concert
- Tues., July 3: Patriotic Concert
- Sun., July 15; concert begins at 5 p.m.
- Wed., July 18: Selected Pieces
- Wed., July 25: Selected Pieces
- Wed., Aug. 1: Children's Music
- Wed., Aug. 8: Music of World War II