Nine burglaries and robberies were reported in the Farmingdale area last week, cops said.
Nassau County Police reported seven burglaries, two in Farmingdale, and other towns across the Second Precinct.
In Farmingdale, a home on Staples Street reported copper piping stolen. The Farmingdale Dairy Barn was also burglarized and reported damage to a safe.
Nearby, both commercial and residential break-ins were reported. Metro Candy & Nuts in Syosset reported an attempted burglary with nothing taken from the store. In Jericho and Woodbury, two homes were burglarized. While just personal papers were taken in the Woodbury incident, a Jericho home was ransacked and reported the theft of an iPod and two safes.
In addition to burglaries, two robberies were reported in Hicksville and Massapequa. Proceeds from the incidents included an iPod and personal papers.
The Second Precinct reported the following burglaries:
- Feb. 21: Burglary; Cornell Avenue, Hicksville; attempted break-in, nothing taken.
- Feb. 21: Burglary; Staples Street, Farmingdale; copper pipe stolen.
- Feb. 22: Robbery; Sackett Drive, Hicksville; iPod stolen.
- Feb. 24: Burglary; Dairy Barn, Farmingdale; safe damaged.
- Feb. 24: Burglary; Rockland Drive, Jericho; rooms ransacked, iPad and two safes removed.
- Feb. 25: Burglary; Metro Candy & Nuts, Syosset; attempted break-in through front door, nothing taken.
- Feb. 25: Burglary; Kuhl Avenue, Hicksville; jewelry, cash stolen.
- Feb. 25: Burglary; Fox Hollow Road, Woodbury; personal papers stolen.
- Feb. 25: Robbery; North Broadway, Massapequa; personal papers stolen.