The following arrest and incident information was supplied by the Suffolk County Police Department, Nassau County Police Department, and New York State Police Troop L. It does not indicate a conviction.
- Carl Toussaint, of Rosdale, was arrested in East Farmingdale for petit larceny on Oct. 17.
- Sandro G. Palio, 39 of Amityville, was arrested at Sears in Sunrise Mall, Massapequa and charged with petit larceny and endangering the welfare of a child on Oct. 16.
- Michelle Esposito, of Babylon, was arrested in Farmingdale for criminal contempt and disobedience on Oct. 14.
- Jesse M. Frierson, 17 of Amityville, was arrested at JC Penny in Sunrise Mall, Massapequa and charged with second degree robbery on Oct. 14.
- Earl A. Lawrence, 19 of Amityville, was arrested at TJ Maxx in Massapequa and charged with petit larceny on Oct. 14.
- New York State Troopers in Farmingdale Troop L are investigating a fatal accident that occurred on Oct. 15 at 6:22 p.m. Troopers responded to a report of a car into the woods on the southbound Wantagh State Parkway north of Sunrise Highway. Zachary Avanzato, age 23, of Bellmore, was the operator and sole occupant of a 1972 Chevrolet Impala traveling southbound on the Wantagh Parkway when for unknown reasons, the vehicle entered the center median shoulder and struck a tree. Avanzato was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased a short time later.
- On Oct. 17 at 11:30 p.m. three cars of people pulled in front of a home on Oak Street East and used 4-5 cinder blocks to smash car windows. A cinder block was also thrown at the house and damaged the gutter.
- On Oct. 17 at criminal mischief was reported in Farmingdale on Rome Street at 8 p.m. and Central Avenue at 2 a.m.
- On Oct. 17, unknown male suspects damaged a surveillance camera at a doctor's office located at 88 North Broadway in N. Massapequa.
- On Oct. 17 at 11:30 a.m. grand larceny was reported at 82 Clinton Ave. in Farmingdale. A 29-year-old Brentwood man took a gun from the home.
- On Oct. 16 at 6 p.m. criminal mischief on Michel Drive in Farmingdale was reported.
- On Oct. 16 at 10 a.m. grand larceny occurred at the . A unknown suspect broke the window and removed items from a 2009 Lexus. The items included two Louis Vuitton pocketbooks, 2 Fendi pocketbooks, diamond earrings and a Nook.
- On. Oct. 16, unknown suspect(s) entered an unlocked vehicle and removed a cell phone and laptop on Broadway near N. Nassau Street in N. Massapequa.