The following information is taken from the Suffolk County Police Department's crime blotter, the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports and the New York State Police Troop L reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime, only arrested for the charges listed, unless otherwise indicated. A criminal charge is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
- A 62 year old man, of Coram, was arrested Mar. 9 on the eastbound side of the Southern State Parkway near exit 31, and charged with DWI and traffic violations. Prior to being stopped by State Troopers, reports state the 62 year old was observed weaving in and out of the traffic lanes while speeding in a white Toyota Camry.
- A 38 year old male, of Massapequa was arrested Mar. 2 on Jerusalem Avenue near Wantagh Avenue and charged with DWI and traffic violations. Reports state the male was stopped by Troopers after he was discovered crossing double yellow lines.
- Michael Connell II, unknown age, of Brightwaters was arrested Mar. 2 in East Farmingdale and charged with third degree grand larceny. Reports state Connell allegedly stole gold jewelry and electronics from the Walmart at 965 Route 110 in Farmingdale.
- Richard Hiers, 49, of Bay Shore was arrested Mar. 2 in Farmingdale and charged with parole.
- Kelvin Velasquez, 25, of Lindenhurst was arrested Mar. 2 in Farmingdale and charged with revoke parole.
- On Mar. 8, at approximately 7:03 a.m., the driver side window of a 2005 Ford was damaged. The vehicle was parked on Birch Ave., East Farmingdale.
- On Mar. 3, at approximately 8 p.m., harassing text messages were allegedly sent to a person at Panera Bread in Farmingdale.
- On Mar. 3, at approximately 10:15 a.m., the rear car window was damaged and a purse containing items was stolen in the LA Fitness parking lot in Farmingdale.
- On Mar. 3, at approximately 6:25 a.m., an altercation occurred at Atlantic Express located on Baiting Place, East Farmingdale. Reports state Henry Minia, 27, of Copiague was arrested and charged with harassment.
- On Mar. 1, at approximately 12:26 p.m., two computers were stolen from the BJ’s located on Daniel Street, East Farmingdale.
- On Feb. 28, a fence was cut at Barish Pump Company and a window was damaged.