The following information is taken from the Suffolk County Police Department's crime blotter and Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime, but were arrested for the charges listed below. A criminal charge is only an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
- A 21-year-old man from Farmingdale was arrested for marijuana possession on the southbound side of the Wantagh Parkway south of Merrick Road at 9:45 p.m. on Jan. 3.
- A Farmingdale woman was arrested in Sayville on Jan. 1 for harassment with physical contact.
- A Farmingdale woman was arrested in East Farmingdale on Dec. 29 for the act of injuring a child.
- On Jan. 2 a television was stolen on Daniel Street in East. Farmingdale.
- On Dec. 28 an unknown person cut a padlock off a storage container located at O&M Maintenance of Long Island on Route 110 and removed a heavy machinery vehicle..