The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau and Suffolk County Police Departments. It does not indicate a conviction
- A 28-year-old Lindenhurst woman has been arrested by the Suffolk County Police for driving while ability impaired by drugs (DWAI) after she hit three teens in Deer Park late Sunday night. According to police, Cathleen Wild was traveling in her 1997 GMC Jimmy westbound on Grand Boulevard when a group of youths crossed Grand Boulevard at West Sixth Street at approximately 11:45 p.m. All three of them, police said, were struck by Wild’s vehicle. The three were taken to hospitals for treatment.
- The Nassau County Second Squad reported the arrest of a Jericho man for possession of a forged instrument made on Aug.2 in Woodbury. According to detectives, on May 22, Melvin Pagan, 30, of 220 Dawson Lane, entered the Walgreens located at 406 S. Oyster Bay Road and attempted to pass a forged prescription for Vicoden. The pharmacist identified the prescription as fake and notified the police.
- Sometime between July 22 and July 25, unknown suspect(s) spraying shaving cream on a 1993 Ford at the Woodmont Sports Complex in Wantagh. The shaving cream was also sprayed inside the gas tank, causing the vehicle's engine to seize.
- Two men were arrested after a robbery at a Seaford gas station, according to the Nassau County Police Department. Benjamin Sheppard, 19, of Central Islip, walked into the on Hicksville Road in Seaford around 12:05 a.m. and pointed a silver handgun at a male clerk working in the store, demanding cash from the register, police said. Sheppard also took money from the lottery machine, as well as cigarettes and cigars.
- Police said that Sheppard then exited the gas station into a grey Nissan with driver Kevin Knight, 33, of Atlanta, Ga. The two fled the scene together. They were subsequently stopped and arrested, police said. The Robbery Squad concluded, after further investigation, that Sheppard and Knight were both involved in the robbery of a Mobil Gas Station in Plainview, which occurred on July 20 around 12:50 p.m.