The following arrest information was supplied by the Nassau and Suffolk County Police Departments. It does not indicate a conviction.
- Nassau County Second Squad detectives reported the arrest of an Oyster Bay man on grand larceny charges. The larcenies began around Sept. 2. According to detectives, the defendant, James Watt, 51 of Oyster Bay called 911 from Theodore Roosevelt Park and stated that he wished to turn himself in for stealing and selling numerous pieces of art from his landlord, the 58 year old female victim. The artwork included paintings and statues valued around $100,000. After taking the items, Watt sold them to Coin Galleries of Oyster Bay, for an undisclosed amount of money. The defendant was arrested without incident in the park. Watt is charged with second-degree grand larceny.
- On Oct.1, a Jamaica man was arrested at Walmart at Sunrise Mall and charged with two counts of petty larceny.
- On Oct. 1, a Far Rockaway woman was arrested at Walmart and charged with petty larceny.
- On Oct. 2, a South Farmingdale woman was arrested at Walmart and charged with petty larceny.
- On Oct. 3, an Amityville woman was arrested at Walmart, at the Sunrise Mall and charged with petty larceny.
- Police are searching for a woman who stole credit cards in Huntington for purchases in Farmingdale and the Whitman Mall. According to police, the unknown person took two Visa credit cards from a pocketbook that was underneath an employee’s desk at Mt. Sinai Medical Center, located at 120 New York Ave. in Huntington, Sept. 6. The credit cards were used the next day at the Apple Store in the Walt Whitman Mall and at Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential, according to police. Suffolk County Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Morgan Stivers, 22, was arrested and charged with possession of a forged instrument on Eileen Way in Syosset on Sept. 29.
- Jason Noel, 20, was arrested and charged with petty larceny at Dunkin Donuts in Syosset on Sept. 29.
- Praful Shah, 58, was arrested and charged with DWI on the LIE in Syosset on Oct. 1.
- Jaqueline Marinacci, 22, was arrested and charged with DWI on Jericho Turnpike in Woodbury on Oct. 1.
- In Bae, 57, was arrested and charged with burglary on Comet Drive in Syosset on Oct. 4.
- A 16-year-old North Bellmore girl with a poor mental condition went missing Oct. 3 and was found Oct. 4. Read the story
- Police are looking for three Hispanic men who allegedly tricked their way into a North Bellmore home and stole $60 on Oct. 2. Read the story .