Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano and Acting Police Commissioner Thomas Dale reported the arrest of 77 individuals in the past eight weeks at a press conference Thursday.
Of the 77 individuals, several were arrested near Farmingdale:
- Terrell Russell for a burglary in South Farmingdale
- Brittney Waters and Gina Pfenning for seven residential burglaries in Bethpage, Hicksville and Massapequa.
- Carl Greggs for a burglary in Massapequa.
- Christopher Terrell for a burglary in Massapequa.
- Clara Bonila for a burglary in Levittown.
- James Vitale for a burglary in Plainview.
According to police, statistics indicate that overall major crime is down approximately 10 percent since Mangano took office. In that time, residential burglaries are up by less than 1 percent.
In the first seven weeks of 2012 (up to Feb. 13), there were 218 burglaries in Nassau County, according to police. This is significantly higher than the 100 in that time period last year, but is close to the 216 that were reported in 2010. Police have made 49 burglary arrests in that span in 2012 (as of Feb. 13), up from 33 in 2011.