The Roaring 20s and the mysterious Mr. Jay Gatsby will come alive tonight at the Plainview Library when Oyster Bay Councilwoman Rebecca M. Alesia hosts an interactive, town-wide discussion about F. Scott Fitzgerald's masterpiece.
1. The finale of Oyster Bay's project, spearheaded by Plainview's Alesia, begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the, not far from Farmingdale on Old Country Road (see map) The discussion will be facilitated by Anna Katsavos, Ph. D., Professor Emeritus of Literature and Women’s studies at at SUNY Nassau.
2. F. Scott Fitzgerald's timeless resonates today with class distinctions and unfullfilled longing. It also captures a part of Long Island that is not the same, but not lost either. Long Island's Gold Coast mansions were the prototype of .
3. Our of the final preparations for thecontinues today and all weekend.
4. Are you about to be impacted by the to the Farmingdale area for the PGA Keep us informed. Weigh in on the comments and let us know what's happening in your community.
5. Want to ? We're still looking for writers interested in having their voices heard. Contact us.