Farmingdale High School’s Science Olympiad team recently participated in the Nassau East Science Olympiad regional competition at Syosset High School.
The science and technology-based program challenges students throughout the nation through interactive and hands-on activities. Farmingdale High School placed seventh overall in the competition, and competed against 40 high schools throughout the region.
The Farmingdale School District congratulates the entire team for their participation in the competition, and the following 13 students for earning distinction in the competition:
- Suraj Muralidharan (3rd place – Diseases)
- Griffin Rhein (3rd place – Diseases, 2nd place – Engineering)
- Matt Caxeiro and Elijah Mas (5th place – Astronomy)
- Ann Lin and Minhal Ahmed (1st place – Genetics)
- Caeley Looney (2nd place engineering)
- Jessica Silva and Emily Grote (5th place – Rocks and Minerals)
- Anne Chen and Remsha Iqbal (6th place Forensics)
- Kristen Gruener and Ramin Chowdery (5th and 6th place Entomology & Water Quality).