recently held its annual retirement and service recognition luncheon. Faculty, staff and friends honored retirees and those celebrating their 25th anniversary as employees of the college.
“The dedication of our employees, who clearly love what they do, is a great strength and asset for Farmingdale," said Farmingdale State College President W. Hubert Keen. "I thank each of these long-term employees for contributing to our students’ education.”
These employees were awarded for their 25 years of service:
- RoseAnn Byron, Accounts Payable Manager, is a resident of Lindenhurst. In her free time, Byron enjoys traveling and is an avid sports fan who supports the athletic teams at Farmingdale by attending many games throughout the year.
- Malka Edelman, Director of the Career Development Center, is a resident of Long Beach and grandmother to eight grandchildren. Edelman enjoys making a difference in the lives of students.
- Susan O’Donnell Farag, Assistant Director of Human Resources, is a resident of Smithtown.
- Veronica Henry, Executive Assistant to the President, is a resident of Amityville. Henry has been with the College since 1986 and served for 10 years as Dean of the Long Island Educational Opportunity Center. Very involved in community service organizations, Henry enjoys spending time with her grandchildren and gardening.
- Ahmed Ibrahim, Professor of Mechanical Engineering Technology, is a resident of Huntington Station. Dr. Ibrahim has been with Farmingdale State College since 1986. Dr. Ibrahim enjoys exploring mechanical properties of materials in his free time.
- Kathleen Jacquette, Professor of English and Humanities, is a resident of Farmingdale. In 2005, Dr. Jacquette received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service. Dr. Jacquette enjoys travelling and is an avid, award-winning racing skier.
- Audrey Krapf, Director of the Health and Wellness Center, is a resident of Sayville. Krapf’s activities on campus include participation in the College’s Wellness Initiative.
- Diane Melamed, Director of Student Accounts, is a resident of Babylon. In 2008, Melamed received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service.
- Deborah Ann Nilsen, Assistant Director of Admissions, is a resident of Bohemia. Nilsen enjoys her children’s athletic events.
- Mark Orlich, Assistant Director of the Physical Plant, is a resident of Bay Shore. An alumna of Farmingdale, Orlich is an avid car buff, a devoted father to daughter Alex, and Mets baseball fan.
- Laurie Rozakis. Professor of English, is a resident of Farmingdale. Dr. Rozakis has taught English101 every semester for the past 25 years, because she believes that if students learn to write in their freshman year, they're far more likely to pursue their academic career to successfully graduate. Dr. Rozakis has served on the Farmingdale Public Library Board of Trustees for more than 25 years.
- Gary Rupp, Professor of Business Management, is a resident of Babylon. In 1985, Rupp won the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching. His “Fused Glass” work has been exhibited in Long Island area art galleries.
- Elizabeth Sullivan, Professor of English, is a resident of Centerport. Sullivan’s travels take her to the Far West to see her children and four grandchildren.
- Richard Turk, Grounds Department of Physical Plant, is a resident of Centerport. Turk’s dedication to the campus is shown through his willingness to perform any job asked of him. Turk’s favorite hobby is fishing.
- Patricia Ward, Assistant Professor of English & Reading at the EOC, is a resident of Farmingdale.