The event, in the Campus Center Ballroom, runs from 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. and is open to the public.
Food day was created to offer people a vision of food that is healthy, affordable and produced with the environment, farm animals and those who harvest and serve it, college officials said.
The event features demonstrations, lectures and a wide range of exhibitors. They include:
- Michael Veracka ( FSC Ornamental Horticulture) - Sustainable Gardens
- August Ruckdeschel (Suffolk County Agriculture and Fisheries) - Agriculture and Fisheries
- Heather Forest and Larry Foglia (Long Island Community Agricultural Network (LICAN)) - Display and Market of Produce
- Aramark - From Farm to Table food tasting, demonstration, and display
- Dr. Sophia Perdikaris ( Brooklyn College CUNY)- Food for Thought: Sustainability and Alternatives in the Anthropocene, a grass roots perspective
- Bhavani Jaroff (Slow Food Huntington) Food Demonstration and Discussion of Slow Food Movement
- Dr. Zahrine Bajwa (Cornell Cooperative Extension) - Food Security
- Amy Engel (Sustainable Long Island) - Food Equity , Access, Food Report Card
- Mary Kirby-Diaz (FSC Sociology) - Locavors
- Beth Fiteni (Green Inside and Out Consulting) - Clarification of Food Terms, the Vocabulary of Food