So take a look here, and for more events – because there are plenty of other events going on as well – check out our calendars on Bellmore, Merrick, Wantagh-Seaford, Levittown, East Meadow,Massapequa and Farmingdale Patch.
Columbus Day Weekend Carnival, Street Fair, Parade and Fireworks
- Fall Fun for Everyone hosted by the Farmingdale Fire Department Columbus Weekend Oct. 10-14!
- Carnival/Fair, Petting Zoo, Fire Dept BBQ & Drinks/Tent 12-11 p.m.
- STREET FAIR a.m. on Main Street. Live music by Superbad 7-11 p.m.
- On Sunday, October 13, local residents will join together for The Lustgarten Foundation’s 13th annual Long Island Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk, which will be held at Jones Beach in Wantagh.
- Walkers can participate in a one or three-mile walk along Jones Beach’s scenic boardwalk.
- Since its inception, the Long Island walk has grown to
more than 7,000 participants and raised more than $9.3 million for pancreatic cancer research.
- Stop by anytime during the day to observe how a professional artist carves 3-D images into pumpkins and pick some tips up along the way.
- Free Concert at 6 p.m.
- Brian Rosenberg NY Presents, in association with Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano, LI Hall Of Fame Inductee THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE & WHO LOVES YOU - Tribute to Frankie Valli And The Four Seasons & Beyond.
- Join us for a fast, flat 5k run/walk through the tree lined streets of Seaford to support the Interfaith Nutrition Network (INN) which provides food and shelter for those who are homeless on Long Island.
- Register by contacting Peter Florey 516-695-9339 or up until 8:45 on race day (Oct. 12th) Registration includes a chance at great raffles.
- A Chinese Auction will be held at Temple Sinai of Massapequa 270 CLocks Blvd, Massapequa on Sunday, Oct 13.
- Doors open at 6pm. Admission is $5.00 includes one sheet of raffle tickets.
- The Elizabeth Grace Band is a group of talented local musicians led by Elizabeth Stumpel. Join them for an afternoon of jazz, blues, and classic rock music.
- Please register at the Reference Desk or online at wantaghlibrary.org
- Tina's 5th Annual Run for a Cure will take place on Sunday, Oct. 13.
- Doors open at 6pm and there is a 2 drink minimum per person. 18 and over please.
- Tickets are $20. All ticket proceeds benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Habitat For Humanity Nassau County works to provide decent, affordable homes to families in the Nassau County community and has been doing so for over 20 years!
- To celebrate World Habitat Day 2013 Habitat For Humanity Nassau County would like to invite you to its Walk-A-Thon (3 miles) on Sunday, October 13 at 9 a.m. at Eisenhower Park in East Meadow.
- The WBAB Street Team will be there along with many other community supporters providing free food, music, face painting, a magic show, pumpkin decorating, games, prizes and more!
- Handmade crafts, breakfast/lunch served. Homemade holiday baked goods. Fun for the entire family.
- DJ, pumpkin painting, carnival games, inflatable rides ($5 unlimited for the day), raffles and more.
- Vendors wanted. Call 516-785-6784 x-375.